Friday, April 16, 2010

It's a boy!



Well, it's confirmed...we're having a boy! Went in for an ultrasound yesterday and he's now 10 oz. Also, started taking baby care classes last night with my friend Wendy (who's 32 weeks pregnant....I'm 18 weeks today. Guess I'm a little early, but I'm just so excited : ) ).

Not really noticing a change in appetite except for the fact that chicken and veggies do NOT sound good. It's so hard because this is the time my body needs that more than anything.
However yesterday, I came up with the perfect way to get my veggies and fruits in. It's all due to my juicer (I have the Breville and I love it. I think it's under $100, too) It's one of my favorite tools in the kitchen. If I don't feel like eating my veggies, I'll drink them. I know it sounds gross, but I want to share with you my favorite concoction!
I juiced 10 ounces of spinach, 8 ounces of pineapple (I use frozen, chopped pineapple to save time and just defrosted it) and 2 apples. It comes out electric green and from the looks of it, you'd probably be scared to drink it. However, this is the best drink I've ever made. You don't even taste the spinach. Try it, you'll love it!
At least for me now, it's one of the only way I can get my veggies in. Otherwise, I throw 'em in here and there. Spinach in my egg whites or grated zucchini when I'm baking gluten free muffins. I guess these are goods tricks to know if my kids aren't liking veggies!
Just had to share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment